Thank you for thinking of us with your donation! We graciously accept donations of clothing and housewares for our community store, donations of personal care items in for our Food Pantry, and donations of office and storage items to help us meet our organizational needs.
donate to the community store
Community Store Donation Hours
3rd Saturday of the month 9:30-11:15
Or by appointment
We accept clothing
- Clean, in-season, gently worn, consignment quality, free of odors, stains and tears.
- Fall/Winter clothes including winter coats, winter boots, wool sweaters, etc.
- Spring/Summer clothes including shorts, sandals, beach shoes, beach toys, etc.
- Year-round clothing includes: t-shirts, pants, button down shirts, blouses, suits, dresses, skirts, etc.
We accept small household items
- Small appliances, linens, towels, plates, flatware, etc.
- Outdoor living equipment including tents, outdoor stoves, sleeping bags and backpacks
- Toys and games (all parts included)
We do not accept
- Clothing that is torn, stained or needs repair
- Cribs, beds or mattresses
- Computers, printers, monitors, keyboards
- Car seats
- Electric blankets
- Teflon coated pans
- Large plastic toys
- Out of season clothing or holiday items
- Weapons of any kind
When are donations not accepted?
- Outside donation hours. Please do not leave donations outside the store or the Center. We generally have to dispose of these.
- Out of season clothes. We do not have the storage capacity to keep these clean and ready for distribution.
- When we have reached capacity. There may be times where we reach our capacity to store and sort donations. At those times, we will temporarily stop accepting donations to the store. We apologize for any inconvenience. You are always welcome to call ahead of time to confirm we are accepting donations.
Personal Care Items
Personal Care Items
The Amherst Survival Center’s Food Pantry distributes unopened personal care items when available from community donations.
You can bring your donations to the Center during the Center’s open hours, or ship donations to the Center (138 Sunderland Road, PO Box 9629, North Amherst, MA 01059). Donations can include complimentary hospitality sizes. Please make sure that donations are unopened so that we can distribute them through the Food Pantry.
We encourage drives for a variety of personal care items.
We’re grateful to the women’s sports teams, book clubs and clubs that have initiated drives for feminine products, and welcome these drives. See this January 2015 column on the economic burden for so many women of affording feminine menstrual products. If you’d like to hold a menstrual product drive, contact the Center’s Pantry Coordinator.
Personal care items include:
- Baby and adult diapers (bags can be opened in some cases)
- Menstrual products (tampons and sanitary pads) (bags can be opened in some cases)
- Toilet paper
You can hold a diaper drive in your workplace, your school, your place of worship, your organization! The Food Pantry distributes diapers to families with babies, and the distribution is equivalent to the Pantry’s food allocation.
Currently, the Pantry can always use diapers sizes 4, 5, and 6, and diaper wipes. Feel free to reach out to Food Pantry Coordinator, Edgardo Cancel at firstname.lastname@example.org, x104 to access more information.
Office & Storage Supplies
The Amherst Survival Center needs supplies to help run our organization. We accept supplies such as:
- copy paper
- desk chairs
- locking filing cabinets
- industrial shelving
- large kitchen items
- unopened tissues
- flip chart markers
- easel size post it pads